Travel Grants – WCCI 2018
The IEEE Computational Intelligence Society (IEEE CIS) will offer a limited number of Travel Grants for
- Students (undergraduate or graduate students, from any country)
- Professional Researchers from Developing Countries
Who are presenting one or more papers at IEEE CIS-sponsored conferences. One application system will be used for both students and professionals.
Requirements for Students:
- Membership of IEEE (join IEEE here)
- Membership of IEEE Computational Intelligence Society (join IEEE CIS here). Note that IEEE CIS is listed as an optional society membership under IEEE).
- A “Proof of University Attendance” on university letterhead certifying that the student carries at least 50% of a normal full-time academic program as a registered undergraduate or graduate student in a regular course of study.
A “Recommendation Letter” from the student’s supervising professor on university letterhead that the student is the major contributor to the paper and approximately what was the student’s contribution in percent to the paper. Please include for each paper, the ID number as given by the conference organizers. In the event that the student is the sole author of the paper, no letter is needed.
Requirements for Professionals from Developing Countries
Be a higher-grade member of IEEE and IEEE Computational Intelligence Society (join IEEE CIS here).
- Be the author or co-author of an accepted paper in the conference, actually, attend the conference and present the paper.
- A “Contribution Letter” confirming that you have contributed to at least 50% of the research presented.
A “Funding Justification Letter” attesting by an honor-bound signature that the conference registration fee would pose an economic hardship on the applicant, such that they would be unable to attend the conference without the support of the travel grant.
- Travel Grants Application Submissions: from 15th March to 8th April 2018
- Please note that only those who have a paper accepted for presentation in the conference can submit their applications.
- Submission system: http://ieee.fluidsurveys.com/
If you have any queries, please contact the Student Activities Chairs: Chrisina Jayne (email@example.com) for IJCNN; Doris (firstname.lastname@example.org) for CEC; and Heloisa Camargo (email@example.com) for FUZZ-IEEE.